Funded by the National Security Education Program (NSEP) within the U.S. Department of Defense, the Russian Flagship at Indiana University offers a unique learning opportunity for ambitious students interested in pursuing global careers. This innovative language-learning program has been specifically designed to maximize student achievement.
Innovative Learning for Innovative Students
A critical language for global communication
Russian is considered a critical language for its strategic role in U.S. political, intelligence, and economic systems. It is also the lingua-franca of many countries and regions including the Baltics and Central Asia. Whether you are aspiring to make a career in government, business, or the non-profit sector, Russian may be just the element that will give you an edge over your competition.
Become a global professional
- Develop cultural fluency and reach professional-level proficiency in Russian by graduation
- Pursue any of the 300 majors offered by Indiana University
- Study abroad for a full year in Kazakhstan while completing a professional internship at local corporations and non-profit organizations
- Develop personal and professional networks at IU and beyond the Sample Gates
- Graduate with an impressive set of professional skills